Ducati 'Desmo' engine developer dies WEVTU belatedly acknowledges this past July’s passing of oft-overlooked motorcycle engine developer Fabio Taglioni, the engineer responsible for the adoption of desmodromic valve actuation for production motorcycle engines. The unique desmodromic design, one of Ducati’s most enduring brand features, was first installed in a production Ducati in 1957. The system uses camshaft-actuated levers to open and close the valves, eliminating valve springs and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Technical Output" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.