At the Tokyo Motor Show here, BMW AG unveils for the first time its production-ready Mini Cooper S, a higher-performance version of the all-new Mini line that already has scored numerous accolades in Europe. The company says the Cooper S will employ a supercharged variant of the 1.6L DOHC I-4 "Pentagon" engine fitted in the standard Mini. The supercharged Pentagon produces 163 hp at 6,000 rpm and 155 lb.-ft. (210 Nm) of torque at 4,000 rpm — an output slightly better than 100 hp/L and a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Technical Output" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.