Ford Motor Co. will debut “Active Park Assist,” an automated parallel-parking system, as an option on the ’10 Lincoln MKS sedan and Lincoln MKT cross/utility vehicle. First reported by Ward’s earlier this year, the system combines an ultrasonic-based sensing system with Ford’s Electric Power-Assisted Steering to position the vehicle for parallel parking, calculate the optimal steering angle and steer it into a parking space. “With the touch of a button, Lincoln MKS and MKT drivers can ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Technology Makes Driving Chore Like Walk in The Park, Ford Says" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.