DETROIT -- American Metal Market reports that Fiat Auto SpA is eyeing the sale of its Teksid SpA metal parts-casting subsidiary. Fiat execs won’t comment when asked if the company is taking bids for any or all of the metal casting unit’s operations. Teksid is one of the world’s largest producers of castings, making aluminum, iron and magnesium components, primarily for the auto industry. The aluminum and magnesium operations reportedly are attracting more attention than the iron ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Is Teksid On the Block?" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.