Stat/MDR, a high-tech market research firm, predicts that all cars eventually will be produced with some degree of embedded telematics systems. As a result, the number of subscribers to Internet-based telematics services worldwide will rise from approximately 27,000 in 2001 to just over 5 million in 2006.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Telematics For All" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.