WEVTU closes out a year-long test of the General Motors Corp. Oldsmobile Intrigue GL and its 3.5L Twin Cam V-6, one of model-year 2000's winners of our increasingly coveted 10 Best Engines award. With the departure of the Intrigue — and along with it, the 3.5L Twin Cam — the big question remains: did the Oldsmobile brand have to go? Many believe the investment in Oldsmobile was just beginning to bear fruit. In becoming well-acquainted with our long-term Intrigue, it became evident that, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ten Best Engines 2000: Long-term wrapup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.