CHATTANOOGA, TN – Don Peters lives by a business model that would make Detroit purchasing executives cringe. Tennessee Rand plant in Chattanooga. He is the vice president of operations and sales manager for Tennessee Rand Co. Inc., a small, privately-held custom-machining supplier that has considerable swagger when the subject turns to the company philosophy for winning – and keeping – new automotive customers. “We get business by not being the low bidder,” Peters says. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Tennessee Rand: No Need to Bid Low" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.