MENLO PARK, CA – Tesla Motors Inc.’s Model S sedan could serve as the foundation for a widely expanded all-electric product lineup, ranging from a 4-seat convertible to a commercial van, the auto maker says. Such aspirations, combined with aggressive manufacturing plans, are the latest rejoinder to critics who claim the fledgling auto maker is doomed to fail because the industry is so competitive and its technology is unproven in the marketplace. Tesla is “looking at (the Model S) as a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Tesla Contemplates Model S EV Derivatives" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.