BANGKOK – As Thailand clinches its claim to be the "Detroit of the East," the pace is picking up. The 1998 economic crisis is a faded memory. Most of the world's major vehicle makers are even more firmly entrenched here, hungrier than ever, and eager to broaden both their reach and their grasp. "Thailand is where it's happening these days," says John Bonnell, a partner in Automotive Resources Asia in Bangkok, a research company specializing in Asia's automotive industry. "Industrial ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Thai Auto Industry Picks Up Speed" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.