Thailand’s new-vehicle market shrugs off fighting on the Cambodian border and continuing terrorism in the South to post a 38% jump in January sales from year-ago to a record 68,398 units. The result marked the 17th straight month of growth and included a 49.6% surge in passenger-car deliveries to 31,008 units, says Toyota Motor Thailand, which compiles sales data for the industry. Commercial-vehicle deliveries rose 19.7% to 37,390 units, including a 28.4% hike in 1-ton pickup sales to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Thai Auto Industry Unfazed by Border Clashes as January Sales Surge" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.