The future of Thailand, politically and economically, is swathed in uncertainty these days. The militarists who took charge of this Southeast Asian nation in a coup d'etat last September still are fumbling and stumbling their way to what end no one knows for sure yet, and the general unease is overshadowing the automotive industry. “This is going to be a tough year,” says a senior executive with a major foreign auto maker in Thailand who does not wish to be named. “January sales were ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Thai Auto Makers Brace for Rough Road Ahead" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.