Thailand’s auto industry shrugs off production disruptions from Japan’s earth quake and tsunami in March to grow first-half sales 21.1% to a record 432,012 units and expects full-year deliveries will climb 12.4% to 900,000. Commercial-vehicle sales in the year’s first six months rose 17.2% to 238,502 units, with the important 1-ton pickup segment climbing 18.1% to 204,837. New-car deliveries jumped 26.3% to 193,510. Toyota Motor Thailand, which collates industry sales, predicts the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Thai Auto Makers See Strong H1 Sales, Despite Supply Constraints" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.