Thailand’s vehicle production rose 20% in the year’s first half to 719,487 units. Passenger-car builds surged 40.2% to 203,148 units in the period, while commercial-vehicle output grew 13.6% to 516,152. Within the segment, pickup trucks saw a 13.6% gain to 506,189. A spokesman for The Federation of Thai Industries’ automobile-industry section tells reporters the growth of locally built vehicle exports remained high, climbing 25.6% to 385,870 units. The value of the vehicle exports rose ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Thai First-Half Output, Export Sales See Double-Digit Gains" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.