The ripple effect from Thailand’s massive flooding reaches Malaysia, with Honda saying it is slowing vehicle deliveries because of a shortage of parts from its flooded plant in Ayutthaya province, Thailand. Honda Malaysia says in a statement the Thai facility provides a large number of parts for the Malaysian completely-knocked-down City, Civic, Accord and CR-V models. Honda Malaysia Managing Director and CEO Yoichiro Ueno says the auto maker has slowed output at its Melaka plant while ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Thai Flooding Slows Honda Malaysia Production" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.