Optimism continues to grow in Thailand, with the Federation of Thai Industries predicting vehicle production will climb 40% this year to a record 1.4 million units. Such a result would put the industry just ahead of the record 12.3 million units built in 2007, before the global economic crisis drove production down to just under 1 million last year. FTI Automobile Industry Club Chairwoman Piengjai Kaewsuwan tells the Bangkok Post a 40% output hike, even from a low base, would be the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Thai Output, Exports to Grow This Year as Consumer Confidence Returns" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.