Thai auto parts producer Somboon Advance Technology plc has earmarked 285 million baht ($7.0 million) to expand operations this year. Somboon President Verayut Kitaphanich says some TB164 million ($4.0 million) will be spent on a machine line to produce parts for local Toyota Motor Corp. operations and for export to Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. plants abroad. Beginning in the fourth quarter, production of axle shafts will rise to 160,000 units from 139,000 units at present. Subsidiary Somboon ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Thai Parts Maker to Increase Capacity" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.