Thai new-vehicle buyers ignored the political unrest and deadly military action that ended street protests in Bangkok, as May sales surged 53.4% to 62,205 units from prior-year’s 40,539. Figures from Toyota Motor Thailand Co. Ltd., which collates sales data for the Thai industry, show the result was up 8.9% from April. New-car sales led the growth, soaring 60.1% to 27,808 units, from 17,361 year-ago. Thailand’s important 1-ton pickup-truck segment jumped 44.1% to 29,119 units, lifting ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Thai Sales, Exports Skyrocket in May" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.