New-vehicle sales in Thailand rose 9.9% to 321,475 units in the first half, driven by a 32.4% growth in new-car sales, especially E20-powered vehicles. But the caution flag is out for the market, with Toyota Motor Thailand Co. Ltd. Vice President Vutigorn Suraiyachantananont saying high fuel prices are beginning to slow demand, with June results down 5.9% to 50,108 vehicles, the lowest total for the month since 2003. Toyota, which compiles sales data for the domestic industry, says ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Thai Sales Up in First Half, But Pace Slowing" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.