New-vehicle sales rose 19% to 42,453 units in August, marking the sixth straight month deliveries topped 40,000. Toyota Motor (Thailand) Corp., which collates statistics for the industry, says the August performance took year-to-date sales to 334,422 vehicles, up 32.8% from like-2002. Toyota says the trend should continue through the fourth quarter, thanks in part to heavy sales promotions expected prior to the Bangkok auto show, which takes place late in the year. Passenger car sales ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Thai Sales Jump 19% in August" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.