Thai new-vehicle sales fell 3.0% to 682,500 units in 2006 amid growing political and economic instability. The new-car segment edged up 2.0% to 191,885 units. Commercial-vehicle sales slid 4.8% to 490,615 and, within it, the 1-ton pickup truck segment declined 4.2% to 449,796. Despite the overall drop, Toyota Motor Thailand Co. Ltd. boosted sales to 289,108 units to capture 52.4% of the market, with increases in both the passenger- and commercial-vehicle segments. Toyota sold a total ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Thai Sales Slide in 2006" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.