Thai new vehicle sales fell year-on-year in May, marking the 12th straight month of decline. Deliveries totaled 40,539 units for the month, down 26.17% from a prior-year’s 54,910. Figures from Toyota Motor Thailand Co. Ltd., which compiles data for the Thai industry, put the year-to-date tally at 188,026 units, down 28.1% from 261,367 in like-2008. Toyota says in a statement the industry is looking for a better result this month but is concerned rising oil prices could slow demand. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Thai Sales Slump Continues in May" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.