Opportunities worth between $300 million-$500 million exist within the U.S. replacement market for Thailand's smaller parts suppliers, Thai Auto Parts Manufacturers Assn. Vice President Sookjai Leungmekul tells reporters. "There is a vast opportunity to promote the export of Thai auto parts," he says. Last year, Thailand exported about 266 billion baht ($7 billion) worth of vehicles and 190 billion baht ($5 billion) in automotive parts to the U.S. But Sookjai says competition among ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Thai Suppliers Should Tap U.S. Replacement Market, Executive Says" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.