Thailand’s Board of Investment approves Toyota Motor Corp.’s 43 billion baht ($1 billion) plan to make the country its global production base for Hilux pickup trucks. Some 21.6 billion baht ($504 million) will be spent on expanding an auto assembly plant. Another TB3.3 billion ($77 million) is for Toyota's machine production plant and TB18 billion ($420 million) will be used to expand parts production. (see related story: Toyota Proposes Thai Expansion Plan) "This project is a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Thailand Approves Toyota Plans for Hilux Production Base" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.