Nissan Motor Co. Ltd.’s Thai unit begins shipping Tiida compact sedans and hatchbacks to Australia, taking advantage of a free-trade agreement between the two countries. The FTA eliminates Australian tariffs on cars exported from Thailand, while a 10% levy is imposed on imports from Japan. Siam Nissan Automobile Co. Ltd. previously has exported small numbers of Nissan Frontier pickups and Tiida hatchbacks to Indonesia. It aims to raise overall Tiida exports to more than 15,000 units and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Thailand Begins Nissan Tiida Shipments to Australia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.