BANGKOK – Toyota Motor Corp.’s decision to relocate its production base for pickup trucks from Japan to Thailand raises the stature of this Southeast Asian country as a regional vehicle-manufacturing hub. Toyota is moving its pickup production to Thailand Toyota will invest 27 billion baht ($600 million), and the pickups will be exported to Asia, the Middle East, Australia and Europe. Thailand is an attractive country for foreign investors, combining much of the developed ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Thailand Improves Profile as Auto-Making Hub" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.