The Thai government appears to be trying to lure Ford Motor Co. to transfer production of its Philippines-assembled Ford Escape SUV to Thailand by manipulating the country’s tax codes. The government recently increased its excise tax on off-road vehicles from the current 29% to 50% this month, while postponing until January a similar increase on locally produced SUVs. Ford Escape As such, if Ford decides to assemble its midsize Escape SUV in Thailand, the auto maker would not be ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Thailand Pushing Ford to Move Escape Production From Philippines" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.