The Thai government officially is dropping its “Best Little EcoCar” project. Industry Minister Suriya Jungrungreangkit says the plan to build environmentally friendly small cars will not receive government support, and market forces should determine its future. Toyota's all-new Aygo minicar. Suriya's predecessor, Watana Muangsook, approved the scheme to build the fuel-efficient cars, believing it would complement Thailand's success as a maker of 1-ton pickup trucks. However, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Thailand Puts Brakes on EcoCar Project" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.