Thailand will continue to play an important role in the production of Nissan vehicles, as long as the country’s production costs remain competitive, Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. CEO and President Carlos Ghosn says during a media briefing in Bangkok. Ghosn foresees Thailand’s auto market eventually reaching 1 million units annually, while adding “Thailand’s market is not a mature one yet.’’ He says Nissan is not planning to follow its competitors’ lead by shifting any of its production plants ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Thailand Remains Important Market for Nissan, Ghosn Says" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.