Thailand will produce more than 1.8 million vehicles annually in 2010, and 800,000 of those will be exported, says Commerce Ministry Permanent Secretary Karun Kittisataporn. In doing so, Thailand will become the world‚Äôs 10th-largest vehicle producer and the sixth-largest automotive exporter. Thailand has a goal of becoming the automotive production hub of Asia by 2010. Karun says vehicle exports this year are expected to rise 35% to $7.4 billion. Thailand‚Äôs major export destinations ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Thailand on Way to Becoming Asia‚Äôs Production Hub" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.