BRIGHTON, MI – Auto makers have been downsizing car audio systems since they were first introduced. Now, more and more capabilities are being sandwiched into only a few square inches in a vehicle's center stack. Bulky multi-disc CD and DVD players, capable of holding six discs or more at a time, once had to be relegated to the trunk. Now, some are compact enough to sit up front, eating up a minimal amount of prime real estate on the instrument panel. Soon, MP3 players that are more ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Thin is In" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.