A petition, organized by labor and signed by 40,000 people asking that the future of General Motors Corp.’s Adam Opel AG plant in Russelsheim, Germany, be secured now is in management hands. GM currently is studying where in Europe it will build its next-generation midsize car, scheduled to hit the market in three years. The other option is GM’s Saab Automobile plant in Trollhattan, Sweden. The plant not selected for the Epsilon II program will have no product plans after 2007, spurring ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Thousands Sign Petition to Save Opel Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.