A laundry list of the century's crucial automotive innovations would hardly be complete without roller bearings near the top. Roller bearings are such a fundamental technology that it easily can be forgotten that they haven't been around forever. The name Timken is immediately associated with bearings. Henry Timken invented the tapered roller bearing, examples of which are found in virtually every vehicle. This year the Timken Co. is celebrating its 100th anniversary. In 1847, Mr. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Timken and roller bearings changed the automotive world" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.