DaimlerChrysler AG Chairman Dieter Zetsche says he believes there is no competition in the industry for the Smart Fortwo, the tiny 2-seater slated go on sale in the U.S. in first-quarter 2008. “And there are none in our potential plans,” he says, referring to efforts to put a B-segment car for the Dodge brand into production with a partner. He does not see a second small car, likely badged Dodge, as competition for the Smart. Zetsche reiterates the auto maker’s stand that Chrysler Group ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Tiny Smart Could Cast Big Shadow" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.