HIGASHI-HIROSHIMA, Japan - It ain't pretty, with its discolored and slightly rusted metal siding. Yet behind the walls of the aging No.1 factory of Microtechno Corp. lies one of the secrets of Mazda Motor Corp.'s new Renesis rotary engine that powers Mazda's just-launched, all-new RX-8 sports car. Here, 15 miles (24 km) east of Hiroshima in the heart of a famous Japanese sake-brewing region, Mazda sources the rotary engine rotor apex seals, the thin cast-iron strip that seals the rotary's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Tiny Supplier Has Key Role in Mazda's New Rotary" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.