With tire pressure concerns at the news forefront, WEVTU evaluates the tire-pressure warning system Toyota Motor Corp. (for the Sienna minivan) and other automakers now offer as one technology that may see broader use. In the Toyota system, low tire-pressure indication is a by-product of small differences in wheel speed or rebound rate sensed by the antilock brake system. A tire with low pressure has a slightly reduced outer diameter, hence, operates at a different speed in relation to the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Tire pressure sensors may gain broader use" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.