With Ford Motor Co. fighting a potential deep tarnish on its new image of safety consciousness, rival General Motors Corp. — which earlier this month issued a stinging rebuttal to Ford's announcement of a plan to increase sport/utility vehicle fuel economy (see WEVTU — Aug. 1, '00, p.1) — took advantage of Ford's woes by suggesting GM has more safety minded standards for tires. Although Ford now is bombarded by a rising crescendo of negative publicity over faulty Bridgestone/Firestone ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Tire recall escalates recent Ford/GM sniping" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.