Smith carries a United Way charity torch here. At GM, he's taking torch as new sales chief. Bill Lovejoy helped get America, and General Motors Corp., rolling. Now it's up to John F. Smith to keep the hammer down. Smith (no kin to GM's chairman with whom he shares the same name) on Jan.1 succeeded Lovejoy as group vice president for vehicle sales, service and marketing. At GM, that means he's the guy charged with keeping the metal moving. And to succeed, Smith needs to keep GM's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"A Tough Act to Follow" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.