Tower Automotive Inc., longtime supplier of Ford Explorer frames, says it is bowing out of the bidding on a frame contract for the next-generation of the SUV because of Ford Motor Co. pricing demands. Tower is taking a pass on next-generation Explorer frame business. “We have been active in the early design and bid process for the next Explorer,” Tower President and CEO Dug Campbell says in a statement. “However, our decision not to support this particular product renewal is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Tower Says No to Explorer Frames" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.