Toyota Motor Corp. will begin selling its Lexus luxury brand vehicles in Japan by mid-2005. Toyota currently sells many vehicles badged Lexus in other countries as Toyotas in Japan. It now says it will add 150 Lexus showrooms in the country in two years. Lexus began in the U.S. in 1989 and models now are sold in 35 countries worldwide. Denny Clements, Lexus group vice president and general manager, says he’s pleased that Lexus will be sold in Japan because it will make it a “true global ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Adding Lexus Brand in Japan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.