GEORGETOWN, KY – Look out world, Toyota Motor Corp. just found a way to get more efficient. A lot more efficient. Acknowledged as a global authority on all things "lean," Toyota recently unveiled for journalists here its Global Body Line, a radical, company-wide overhaul of its already much-envied flexible manufacturing process. GBL totally revamps Toyota’s previous flexible body assembly philosophy – the Flexible Body Line – that’s been in place since 1985. A vehicle proceeds ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Adopts Sweeping New Manufacturing Process" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.