DETROIT – To seize a larger piece of the youth market, Toyota Motor Corp. will begin exporting some lower-priced Japanese models to the U.S., says a Japanese newspaper report. Toyota will bring over three or four models, basing them on the Vitz compact sedan, known and sold as the Echo model in the U.S. No word on model names or launch dates, but the vehicles will be equipped with 1.5L to 1.8L engines. Some of the models reportedly will be shown at the North American International Auto ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota to Aim Exports at U.S. Youth" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.