Toyota Motor Corp. Australia Ltd. reportedly intends to produce an Aurion or Camry hybrid-electric vehicle at its Altona plant in Melbourne within four years. David Buttner, Toyota sales and marketing senior executive director, tells The Daily Telegraph newspaper that one of the locally built models will get an HEV system. “We want to be the first local manufacturer with green credentials,” Buttner is quoted as saying. “We want to be the leader on this issue. We have been looking at the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Australia to Build Hybrid Sedan at Melbourne Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.