Positive news from Australia could be a sign Toyota’s global production nightmare, resulting from the March 11 Japanese earthquake and tsunami, finally may be ending. Toyota Australia says today its Altona car plant will return to normal production beginning June 6. The factory builds the midsize Camry sedan and hybrid version, as well as the V-6 Aurion large car. Output at the facility was cut to 50% of pre-earthquake levels on May 9 to manage available parts following the disruption ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Australia to Return to Normal Production in June" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.