Toyota Australia says work stoppages are costing it A$10 million ($9.8 million) a day and warns that 3,300 employees at its suppliers will be laid off this week due to the labor action. Australian Manufacturing Workers' Union and Communications Electrical Plumbing Union members are midway through another 48-hour strike in a continuing wages dispute with the auto maker. Toyota says the work stoppages at its Altona plant and Sydney and Melbourne parts warehouses are having a severe impact ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Australia Says Ongoing Work Stoppages Costing A$10 Million a Day" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.