Toyota Motor Corp.’s new Avensis achieves the highest rating ever in the European New Car Assessment Program (NCAP), with a total of 34 points. Avensis also sets a new standard by becoming the first car to receive five stars under NCAP’s new tougher testing procedures. The new tests include a more accurate measurement of pedal movement, along with the adoption of a new deformable barrier face on the side-impact trolley. The new tests also utilize a more sensitive test dummy to improve ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Avensis Raises Safety Bar in Europe" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642