BEIJING — Toyota Motor Corp. confirms plans to build passenger cars with Tianjin Automotive Industrial Co. While early reports indicated that the venture likely would start with building a Corolla-based vehicle, industry insiders indicate the project's first car probably will be based on the New Basic Car (NBC) concept. Toyota's NBC concept served as the platform for the 1L Vitz in Asia, Yaris in Europe and Echo in North America. The car will be produced at Tianjin facilities with ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota bases model on New Basic Car" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.