Toyota Motor Corp. wins approval from the Japanese government to begin leasing fuel cell hybrid vehicles in Japan and the U.S. Toyota says the vehicles will be leased to governments, research institutions and energy companies. Thus far, four vehicles will be leased to four Japanese ministries. Toyota will lease 20 FCHV cars in the two countries over the next 12 months, beginning Dec. 2 at a cost of ¥1.2 million ($9,970) per month under the terms of a 30-month contract.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota to Begin Leasing Fuel Cell Vehicles" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.