CANBERRA –Toyota Motor Corp. intends to boost production at its Australian plant by more than 30,000 cars annually, Australian Industry Minister Ian Macfarlane says. Speaking to reporters in Tokyo, Macfarlane says Toyota Chairman Hiroshi Okuda tells him the auto maker will boost production significantly at its plant in Victoria. (See related story: Australia, Japan to Hold Joint FTA Discussion in Tokyo) Toyota Camry "Mr. Okuda was quite positive in terms of the future for the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota to Boost Oz Production, But No Increase of Local Parts" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.