Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc. says it will boost output of its Prius hybrid-electric passenger car 31% as a result of high demand in the U.S. The auto maker now will produce 47,000 of the vehicles annually at its Tsutsumi Plant in Toyota City, Japan. Toyota originally expected to produce 36,000 per year. With 12,000 pre-orders and 10,000 units delivered within the first six weeks the Prius went on sale in the U.S., the decision was made to boost production.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota to Boost Prius Output" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.