BANGALORE – Toyota Motor Corp. is embracing India in its global supplier network, while at the same time looking to gain a substantial share in the country’s vehicle market by 2010. The Japanese auto maker is launching both its International Multipurpose Vehicle program and a new global platform that supports it. The IMV will include Indian-made transmissions and will be exported to numerous countries worldwide. Toyota Corolla Verso is among vehicles coming to India. Two plants ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Brings India Into Global Network" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.